Yoga for Athletes
Yoga has many benefits for today's athlete. Quite a few professional sports teams and athletes are incorporating yoga into their training (see below). Today's athlete needs focus as well as strength and ways to stay flexible and recover more quickly.
Here are just a few of the ways that yoga can help serious athletes:
* Releases tension and builds strength in overworked parts of the body
* Help with injury prevention and recovery
* Improve concentration and boost self awareness
Professional Athletes and Olympians are turning to yoga and meditation to improve their performance.
Here are just a few of the many athletes using yoga as part of their routine:
* Many Football teams, including: the Chargers, Browns, Cowboys, Saints, Bears, Giants, & the Jaguars
* Misty May-Treanor & Kerri Walsh, volleyball
If your team doesn't offer yoga as part of your training, what are the best ways to start a practice? Check out your local gym or yoga studio if you're looking to do yoga in person with a group. Find out about the different styles of yoga that they offer to see if it fits what you are looking for. Or, try our online yoga studio, for a variety of yoga classes and guided meditation sessions that you can do anytime without having to leave home.
The benefits of incorporating yoga into your routine as an athlete far outweigh the time it takes to add it into your schedule!